Who We Are
Mission, Vision & Core Values
FCS students will be lovingly trained as disciples of Jesus Christ for a life of influence.
Our vision is to live out our mission in order to be a model school that impacts the world for Christ.
Core Values: Love. Learn. Lead.
FCS trains students to sacrificially LOVE God and people. This means a school culture in which THE LOVE OF CHRIST is alive and active! Jesus said in John 13:34 – “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.”
FCS cultivates in students a lifelong love of LEARNING truth with a priority on learning from God’s Word. II Timothy 3:16-17 – “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”
FCS LEADS students to influence as Jesus would through intentional leadership training that is Christ-centered and touches every area of life! 1 Timothy 4:12 – “Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.”
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God in the original text and the only rule of faith and practice. II Timothy 3:16-17
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14
- We believe in the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His visible return in power and glory. Colossians 1:13-20
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and Man. I Timothy 2:5
- We believe that all men are lost and sinful, and that salvation is received by the grace of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and by the act of regeneration of life by the Holy Spirit. Romans 3:23-26; Titus 3:5
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. Romans 8:9
- We believe that support and participation in the task of fulfilling the great commission is the responsibility of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19-20
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit as established in the Bible. John 17:20-23; I Corinthians 12:12-13
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation. John 5:24-25, 28-29
- We believe that the universe originated by the creative act of God as revealed in Holy Scripture, and that the form of every kind of life was fixed at the time of its creation. Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3
- We believe that God created marriage in the beginning, as a blessing for both man and woman, before any sin or rebellion entered the world, and that he created marriage to be between one man and one woman, who enter into a covenant relationship, complement one another, serve one another, and sanctify one another for as long as they both shall live. Accordingly, we reject any attempt to redefine marriage as a union between people of the same sex or as between more than one man and one woman. We believe that the homosexual lifestyle and alternative gender identities are contrary to the Bible. Gen. 1:27-28; 2:15-24; Lev 18:22; Lev 20:13a; Matt 19:4-6; Rom 1:26-27; 1 Cor 7:14
- We believe that human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all of human life. Psalm 139
- The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Faith Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Faith Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Philosophy of Christ-Centered Education
Faith Christian School seeks to provide a comprehensive education that equips students to discover truth through the lens of Scripture, develop their potential for further educational pursuits, and conform to the image of Christ.
The philosophy of education at Faith Christian School originates in a deeply held belief in the Divine inspiration and inerrancy of Scripture and the superiority of its teachings to the wisdom of men. We stand without reservation on the absolutes of the Holy Bible and seek to interpret all of life and learning from the basis of the principles set forth in God’s Word. Our faith, therefore, is in God; our hope, in His Son, Jesus Christ; and our trust, in His Word as the Holy Spirit guides us to the knowledge and understanding of truth.
These convictions provide the framework for our entire educational program. Everything we do as an institution, no matter how great or small, must be consistent with these foundational beliefs.
As we undertake the task of educating young persons at Faith Christian School, we fundamentally believe that man has been uniquely created by God in His image and that all meaning and purpose in our lives, therefore, is derived from Him. Yet, because of our sinfulness, we are unable to please God apart from our salvation through personal belief in His Son, Jesus Christ, and the regeneration of our lives by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, we believe that God created all things and that all truth is ultimately God’s truth. Thus, the pathway to true knowledge and wisdom is found only in the interpretation of facts in the light of God’s purposes in creation and providence. Education which either denies or ignores God is neither God-honoring nor adequate to reveal absolute and complete truth.
Our convictions are equally operative in the methods with which we conduct the overall Faith Christian School program. From the establishment of board policies to the hiring of personnel; from the recruitment of students to the selection and development of curriculum, we prayerfully plan and execute each phase of our program to be in agreement with our foundational beliefs. The educational process at our school involves much more than the presentation of a Bible-enriched curriculum to our students. It is a process in which the Word of God governs and informs every subject, every activity, every idea we employ.
We view our ultimate purpose as assisting parents in the training of their children to be effective Christians in today’s world by developing within each student a discerning Christian mind. This, we believe, will not only enable the young person to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ at an early age, but it will also, in concert with the instruction he receives at home and in the church, prepare him to serve the Lord faithfully and boldly in his chosen calling by teaching him to consistently choose to live his life in accordance with God’s Word.
Consistent with the truth that God’s grace and His love through Jesus Christ extend without partiality to all mankind, Faith Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.